Drupal Commerce is used to build eCommerce websites and applications of all sizes. At its core it is lean and mean, enforcing strict development standards and leveraging the greatest features of Drupal 7 and major modules like Views and Rules for maximum flexibility.
- Create product types with custom attributes
- Dynamic product displays
- Order management, line item
- Payment method API, allowing many different payment gateways
- Tax calculation / VAT support
- Discount pricing rules
- Deep integration with systems like D7's Fields, Views, Rules and Entity API.
You can reference to Drupal Commerce to learn more about commerce
Now, if you do not intend to use commerce in your website. You can temporary disable modules as below to increase performance
To install Drupal commerce in your website, some modules is required:
- Commerce 7.x-
- Address Field 7.x-
- Rules 7.x-
And some related modules
- Inline Entity Form 7.x-
- Shipping 7.x-
- Customer 7.x-
- Fivestar 7.x-
- VotingAPI 7.x-
To work with Drupal commerce, you should understand clearly concept Product Display and Product variations in Drupal commerce before. So, we strongly recommend you read Product document before continuing.
1. Jollyness Shop Product
Jollyness is a clothes shop in demo, but you can easily build any shop type which you want.
In Jollyness, we have created a "product display" content type to show products with some fields:
Product variations: It is product reference. When you install commerce module, system will be create a product entity with basic field such as: title, SKU, status.
In Jollyness shop, we add more properties to product entity:
- Product Images
- Product Price
- Product Color
- Product Size
It's up to your shop. You can add/remove more fields to meet your requirement when building properties for product.
Characteristics: It is a term reference used for mark product with value such as: New, Featured... You can access to http://yoursiteurl.com/admin/structure/taxonomy/product_characteristics to add more value or modify them.
Product Catelog: It is used for classifying product such as categories. It is also term reference, so you can create sub category if you want. You can access to http://yoursiteurl.com/admin/structure/taxonomy/product_category to add more value or modify them
Product Rating: It allows user rating a product. We used Fivestar module to do this function
2. Jollyness Shop Variations
Now, Jollyness support 4 styles for shop home page
- Shop -> Shop Layout -> Shop variation 1
- Shop -> Shop Layout -> Shop variation 2
- Shop -> Shop Layout -> Shop variation 3
- Home -> Home variation 9
Jollyness shop comes with some useful widgets block. It is usually use in commerce websites such as:
- Top Rating: a block view to show products with average user rating from high to low
- Bestsellers: a block view to show products which is best seller
- New Arrival: a block view to show products which is NEW
- Featured Products: a block view to show products which is FEATURED